Friday, January 11, 2008

Oh my gosh. 2007 is gone forever.

Wow! I cannot believe that its already 2008. The kids of 1990 are now 18 years old and, personally, that kind of freaks me out.

So, the events of the new year haven't been horrible. I went bowling for the first time this year last night. Played 2 games and didn't win either. The only thing that bothered me last night was the bathrooms. Okay, yes, it IS a bowling alley bathroom and of course it's not the world's best-kept bathroom of the year. It wasn't the appearance of the bathroom that highly disturbed me. It was the lack of, can I say, "coverage"?

So I got into the bathroom with my best friend's daughter. There were 2 stalls so naturally we each take 1 stall. As I'm getting ready to do my duty, I see through the crack of the door, a mother and daughter walk into the bathroom.

The daughter, being about 3 or 4 years old, has a temper tantrum about something. Not sure what it was. Probably something about her mother finally telling her that the tooth fairy wasn't real and the tax collector lives under her bed or something. Anyway, she pulls away from her mom and stands right at the wall in front of my stall.
It takes a while but she finally finds me.
Inside of my stall.
Sitting on the toilet.

Okay, what do I do?? A 3-year old is staring at me through the crack of my door! I know she's probably seen lady parts before. She was just born just a couple years back so it's probably bringing back memories, but, GOSH! Mind your own business kid! I'm just trying to get back to the lane!

And the kid never looks away. She just stares at me.

I sit there for a while contemplating what I should do. Maybe yell, "Fire!" I tried talking to my friends daughter to see if the attention of that little girl would drift from me to the other stall but it didn't. Nope. Nothing. She stares at me. I finally think, "You know, she's 3. Shove it." and stand up and move closer to the door so at least she's out of my vision. Then I finish, zip my pants back up, flush the toilet, pull the door open, wash my hands and leave. I was glad to be out of that place and back on the lane.

Then my friend looks at me and says, "Where's my daughter?"

Yeah...she was still in the stall humming to herself or dancing in the stall.

So anyway, that was alot of information about me and my disturbing experience of 2008. There will probably be more to come.

2 comments:

Bobby said...

Hi Jane, I'm bored so I'm commenting on your blog. My new 2nd favorite site.

Let's just hope the label "bathroom lurker" doesn't bring the crowd I think it will. Heh.

michelesonoma said...

omg,,,,are you serious or did you make that up>?!

lol,
michele

My Profile

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm Jane, an internet lifecaster.