Monday, February 4, 2008

Birthday

I have to say, February 3rd was pretty awesome! So were the days preceding and following it! I think this year was my best birthday I've had so far.

I never actually "celebrated" my birthday out with friends. I did go out to eat a couple times but it was mainly hanging out and...Oh! Coincidentally, my birthday happened to fall on the same day! It was pretty awesome though.

The waiter at Chili's was pretty comical. He looked exactly like Ferris Bueller's best friend, Cameron. He had the sense of humor of a pickled radish, but it was still a funny situation. It all started after our meal when he was asking if we were interested in desserts. I turned to my friend next to me and said, "Oh man! I should have told him it was my birthday!" Then the whole table lightened up remembering why we went there and excitedly informed him that it was my birthday. All the guy said was, "Good one," then walked off.

When he came back and took the dessert orders and I just quietly sat in my place. He finally returned and gave us our checks. I signed my receipt after he swiped the cards and wrote at the bottom, "I'm sad you didn't believe it was my birthday. Have a better night." Then I gave it to him.

Oh the surprise and embarrassment that showed on his face while he was reading it. It was priceless.

"Oh..my...go--Is it seriously your birthday?!"
"Yes"
"No...It's really your birthday??"
"Yeah, it is."
"No way."
"Do you want to see an ID?"
"No! No, its fine. My gosh, I feel like a [jet or current of water, sometimes with a dissolved medicating or cleansing agent, applied to a body part, organ, or cavity for medicinal or hygienic purposes]."

:)

1 comment:

Bobby said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it, but I've told you that six times. Heh.

My Profile

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm Jane, an internet lifecaster.