Saturday, July 11, 2009

Funny thing about Keyless-Entry

As you know, I won the Ford Fiesta for 6 months so I've been finding cool little knicks about it, like how the rear-view mirror dims so headlights behind you don't blind you.

The Fiesta also has this cool thing called Keyless-entry. Each of the agents were equipped with a Fiesta hub, thats pretty much just the car remote yet there is no actual KEY. Anyway, as long as this hub is with you, you can push a button on the door handle to unlock the car and the Fiesta also has Push-To-Start, allowing you to push the power button to start the car as long as you have the hub in the car.

The cool thing about the hub is that really you just need it on you to start the car. As long as you have it started, you can literally throw the hub out of the window and drive away.

But the bad part about throwing the hub away means once you stop the car, you can't start it again. Tough luck.

Well, I had a scare today. I was out about 30-45 miles away from my house when I couldn't find my keys/hub. I searched my purse, my car, everywhere and couldn't find it. If the key hub is in the car, you can't lock the car again by pushing the button on the door handle. It senses it, making it virtually impossible to lock your keys in your car.

I noticed when I grabbed my purse that the doors wouldn't lock. It HAD to be somewhere in the car.

The car also has a button on the console allowing you to lock your doors with the push of the button. I tried pushing this and the doors locked. All of them. Didn't unlock.

Me, freaking out, got outside of my car and went into the gas station I was stopped. When I came back out, the driver's side door was locked...and...as I forgot before, I didn't have the key. Yeah, I was freaking out.

You're kidding me! was all I could think to myself.

I ran around to the other side of the car and to my luck, it was unlocked. The key was somewhere in the car. I just had to find it.

To make a long story short, turns out since I was in a rush to get out of the house when I left, I threw my pillow, knapsack and laptop bag in my trunk, along with my keys. With me still able to start the car, I didn't realize it wasn't in my purse.

Okay. I can breathe now.


Blog finished.

4 comments:

bahiense said...

Now we know the end , is funny , but it must have been worrying ; alone in there outside of the car ;) , advantages and disadvantages of the new tech ;)

ѕeяcн said...

Wow!
Now I'm glad my car
has manual locks...
but... I can forget
the keys inside the car..
everithing has its adaventages
and disadvantages...

I wish we could control
everithing with our minds like
in a science fiction movie... =(

Cheers!

Bobby said...

I did that once, got in through the rear window (it folds down, I didn't smash it).

123abc said...

Might I suggest eating it so you don't lose it :D That way you can unlock and start the car without a worry...no wait. Don't eat it.

My Profile

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm Jane, an internet lifecaster.