Monday, August 10, 2009

Time to play Catch-up

So, yes its been a couple, okay...about a week since I last updated my Nostalgic Jane blog. Guess its time for me to show you a couple at a time again. (Click here to start from the beginning)

Oh and I took my little foster brother bowling for the first time today. At first he didn't really enjoy it until he started hitting spares left and right yelling "I beat you!! I beat you twice!!" He's a little prodigy kid, I swear. He's also SO interested in all my computer stuff. He actually builds little "computers" and "iPods" and "cell phones" out of his little toys just so he can match me. He came up to me one day with a green plastic rectangle thing saying it played music so he could hook it up in his car. He has another similarly shaped object that he calls his cell phone, which he "calls" me often on.

I made the mistake of showing him my miscellaneous cord/wire box and he is soo intrigued by it wanting to know which cords go where. It's crazy. He asked me to add a charger to his "iPod" so he can charge it when it goes dead. It's cute.

Oh and speaking of prodigies, at the bowling alley I saw a guy named Kirk who looked a lot like Paras from justin.tv. The whole time he was there, he scored at least 1 perfect game and the rest of the games were all close to 300. It was crazy. I wanted to take a picture with him but he left before I could say anything.

Okay, (ouch!) just removed my Biore strip. Now onto the journals.

Entry 7: January 21, 2005 (multiple entries this day)
"Ti-a drink with jam and bread..." the middle school Honor Choir sang, a little too loud.
"Thats great! Just sing to your heart's desire. Louder!" I heard the director say.
Oh. I disagree. I thought to myself. Sing quieter.
"C'mon! The louder we sing, the better the judges will think we are! We've got four days! Y'all are doing great!"
Wow. If I was the director four days before competition with this choir, I'd cut out 2/3 of the people. And get a group of monkeys to replace them. They have a better voice.

Entry 8: January 25, 2005
Eenie, meanie, miney Moe.
Catch a tiger by its toe.
If he hollars let him pay
Fifty dollars everyday.
My mom told me
To pick the very best one
And you are not it.

Horrible tempered boy with nickname for Moses
Go out and hunt a wild striped cat and hold it by its foot
If he so happens to make a loud roar, force him to give you
Two twenties and a ten dollar bill every 24 hours
My maternal parent requested me
To choose a pure person out of a group
I will not choose you.

Many innocent rhymes do not make any sense at all. When we read them at a younger age, we think they are fun rhymes to play with. In reality, they are horrible and twisted. (Ex- "Cinderella/Dressed in yella/Went upstairs to kiss a fella/Made a mistake and kissed a snake/How many doctors did it take?/1, 2, 3, 4...etc.) I think the writers of these rhymes either like hearing children say twisted words or they just can't rhyme better words.

2 comments:

123abc said...

Okay, before I comment about the journals: Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. :')
I wish I had that kind of little brother...or one at all. ^^
7 is fun and 8 is both. :)

ѕeяcн said...

Your brother is a bowling ace!! =)
Next years we'll see him on ESPN!!

My Profile

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm Jane, an internet lifecaster.