Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The Brand New "Do-It-With-A-Book" Contest!

know I have some book lovers in the house. I know lives are busy and we aren't able to read as much as we used to, or would like to, but you book lovers still love the thought of books, the sight of them, the smell. Even now, seeing your Audible app on your phone or your Nook sitting on your desk gives you a giddiness that makes you crave a new story. Before I even get to the contest, I need you in my book club! I totally understand that jobs, kids, and busyness are real things but reading is something we just can't shake off! 
I would absolutely love to be your motivation to read a new book each month! The cool thing about my book club is that you don't need a ride to get to my place. You don't have to be in the same state or country. You just need a computer! That's right! We meet virtually! Every first Tuesday of each month we meet at 9:00pm CST on my broadcast. I lead the club with my video and all the members are free to chat in the box provided! It's just an hour out of your evening. It's totally doable! I know, I know. Take some time. Think about it. It's a great decision though. The books are usually max. 350 pages and it's always something everyone votes on during the book club meeting. Come check it out on Facebook. You can see our community here
Now...to the fun stuff! 
Jane's Coffee Table Book Club's "Do-It-With-A-Book" Contest
This is another picture contest, so get your Polaroids ready! For this contest I want you to take the theme of the book and have you doing whatever the theme is with the book! Make sense? No? Okay, take a look at the pic below.
See how I’m eating a cook book? Take a book (let’s say Moby Dick) and apply the theme of the book (in this case nautical hunting) to the picture. Your picture could be you on a boat hunting the Moby Dick book. Or if you used Harry Potter you could dress the book as Harry and you as Ron or Hermione and try and perform spells at random people.
The Rules:
Photoshop – allowed, but there has to be some reality to the picture. Don’t go crazy overboard. I still want to see your creativity in the real world!
Nudity – none, please. Even if your book is “50 Shades of Grey”, you can do weird stuff, just no nudity or overly sexual themes.
Submitting multiple pictures – do it! Feel free to submit as many as you’d like, just know that only one of your pictures can win a prize.
How to submit - Pictures must be submitted through Facebook (by tagging the book club "Jane's Coffee Table Book Club" – you must be in the book club in order to tag it) or through Twitter by using the hashtag #JanesCoffeeTableBookClub
Prizes:                                                                 
There will be two winners this contest!
1st place - $20 Amazon card
2nd place – 1 credit toward an upcoming book club book
Pictures need to be submitted by April 3, 2016 April 4, 2015 11:59pm CST (extended the date because I just love you guys). Winners will be announced April 5, 2016 during book club (which starts at 9:00pm CST) Good luck! Can't what to see what you have!

No comments:

My Profile

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm Jane, an internet lifecaster.